In the event of a claim
+ How do I make a claim?
+ How long does it take for a claim to be processed?
Each claim is different. The severity of loss or damage and the specifics of each claim need to be assessed by the insurer. As your broker we make sure that the claim is handled in a timely manner, and you're kept up to date with progress.
+ Are there any things I need to do immediately when I have a claim?
- Don't admit liability or take any action that could be construed as acceptance of liability
- Where the loss/damage involves people or property, take all reasonable steps to protect from further loss or injury
- Obtain the details of the third parties (anyone else who is involved in the accident). See the How to make a claim section for more information.
- If you're required to by law, or if you're not sure, contact the Police
- Contact Certus immediately to let us know you have a claim and we'll give you further instructions
+ Who do I contact in an after-hours emergency?
+ How can I pay my premium?
Options for paying
You can pay your premiums in the following ways
- Monthly instalments
- Direct credit
- Credit card (bank charges apply)
How do I set my payments up?
The best time to set your payments up when you commence your policy. If you want to change the way you pay, get in touch with our friendly team who can help you out.
+ How do I reduce my premiums?
Each policy and situation is different, so if you have any questions about reducing your premiums, get in touch. However, some common ways to reduce your premiums are:
- Have all your policies with one insurer - this can get you a package discount
- Add voluntary excesses - by taking more of the risk yourself, this will lower your premium
- For vehicle insurance, ensure you have named drivers and/or exclude drivers who are under 25
+ How do I know my house is insured for the right amount?
It's really important to make sure your house is insured for the right amount - as this will affect the amount that the insurer pays in the event of a claim.
You can either get a valuation from a registered valuer, or you can use this calculator to get an estimate of the rebuild cost of your house. If you have any questions or need to make any adjustments, get in touch.
+ How long will it take for me to be covered?
When you're getting a new policy sorted, you can be covered the same day if you can provide us with all the required information. We'll confirm to you in writing (via email) that you're covered, and the date your cover starts from.