No matter what size your boat is, marine insurance protects you from the unexpected on the water.
Why do I need marine insurance?
Getting out on the water and fishing, swimming and relaxing is one of the great kiwi pastimes. However, boat owners often underestimate the types of risks that come with owning a boat - whether its a small trailer boat or a big cruiser.
Marine insurance covers you for damage to your vessel, as well as looking after any liability that you may face after events in transit, when moored or even out on the water.
A good marine insurance policy gives you peace of mind that your favourite activity won't result in unexpected costs for you. Talk to your Certus broker today to find out more.
How does it work?
Marine insurance covers you for:
- Fire , theft and natural disasters
- Accidental damage and your liability whilst in transit on roads
- Accidental damage and your liability while out and about on the water
- Personal effects that you specify used for fishing that are left on the boat (GPS, fish finder, stereo etc)
- Alternative accommodation following an accident should you require it
What else do I need to know?
- Boat racing is not covered unless you have a racing extension applied to it
- Boats over 20 years old may require a structural survey to be done before acceptance
- Security needs to be applied for trailer boats such as a coupling lock, wheel clamp or being stored in a locked building